Food luvrs

It is said that way to mans heart is through his stomach so to impress Ur dear ones i would like to share some of my recipes which are konkani and also non Konkani traditional food. I have learn t them from different people, books, watching different TV programs, internet etc due to my interest in cooking and the guidance from my dearest Mom. I must admit most part of inspiration has come to me from my mother who is an excellent cook. i know i cant match with her still i would like to do good cause of sharing the recipes thr my blog and would be happy to hear success stories from you who have tried recipes posted here. It would be my pleasure, if you’ve benefited in some way by what you read on this blog.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

kulithu kabbe randai(horsegram plantain stem curry)

This is authentic konkani recipe. Hope everybody likes it
Ingredients:
 3/4 pav horsegram
 8" banana stem( cut into triangles)
 1 cup grated coconut(ie full coconut)
 20 Fried spicy red chillies
 lime size tamarind
 8-10 garlic flakes
 oil

Method:
  1. First pressure cook the horsegram for 5-6 wistle. when it is done pour into cooking bowl. then pressure cook the banana stem with little salt.
  2. grind grated coconut, tamarind and red chillies to smooth paste. just add 1tbsp of cooked horsegram and grind again.
  3. Now mix the masala in horsegram bowl and also add cooked banana stem. add salt. allow to boil for few min.
  4. In separate pan heat oil, add crushed garlic fry and por this into above gravy and put off the flame. gravy is ready.

 Goes well with boiled rice

1 comment:

  1. A different name to me, so simple to make yet delicious. Thank you for sending it to AWED :)

    ReplyDelete