Food luvrs

It is said that way to mans heart is through his stomach so to impress Ur dear ones i would like to share some of my recipes which are konkani and also non Konkani traditional food. I have learn t them from different people, books, watching different TV programs, internet etc due to my interest in cooking and the guidance from my dearest Mom. I must admit most part of inspiration has come to me from my mother who is an excellent cook. i know i cant match with her still i would like to do good cause of sharing the recipes thr my blog and would be happy to hear success stories from you who have tried recipes posted here. It would be my pleasure, if you’ve benefited in some way by what you read on this blog.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

kerala chicken curry

Ingredients:
 1kg Chicken(with bone cut into pieces
 4tbsp oil
 1 tomato, chopped
 1tsp cumin seeds
 mustard seeds
 1/2tsp turmeric powder
 salt
 1/2 cup onions
 1/4 cup grated coconut
 8 curry leaves
 1/4 cup coriander leaves
 2tsp peppercorns
 4 cardamom
 1tsp fennel seeds
 4 cloves
 1" cinnamon stick
 1tsp red chilli powder
 1tsp coriander powder
  2tbsp oil
Merthod:
  1. Heat oil in pan, add onions, roast until brown.
  2. Now add cardamom, cloves, peppercorns, fennel seeds, cinnamon, curry leaves and coconut, roast. Then add chilli p and coriander powder.Grind above to fine paste along with coriander leaves stem and little water.
  3. Now heat 4tbsp oil in pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, then add chicken pieces, salt and turmeric, mix and fry for 5 mins.
  4. Add ground masala paste and tomatoes. Mix and cook on low flame. add 1 1/2 cup water to chicken, cover and cook for 2-3 whistle until chicken is cooked and the gravy is thick.
  5. Garnish with coriander leaves.




1 comment: