Food luvrs

It is said that way to mans heart is through his stomach so to impress Ur dear ones i would like to share some of my recipes which are konkani and also non Konkani traditional food. I have learn t them from different people, books, watching different TV programs, internet etc due to my interest in cooking and the guidance from my dearest Mom. I must admit most part of inspiration has come to me from my mother who is an excellent cook. i know i cant match with her still i would like to do good cause of sharing the recipes thr my blog and would be happy to hear success stories from you who have tried recipes posted here. It would be my pleasure, if you’ve benefited in some way by what you read on this blog.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Chicken kobab

Ingredients:
 1kg Chicken pieces
 3tsp ginger garlic paste
 1/2tsp turmeric powder
 2tsp red chilli powder
 handfull of chopped coriander leaves
 handfull of chopped mint leaves
 11/2tsp garam masala powder
 1 cup coconut milk
 salt to taste
 1tsp lime juice
 1tbsp green chilli paste
 2tbsp oil

Method:
  1. Heat 2tbsp of oil in a pan, Now add 2tsp of ginger garlic paste, fry for a couple of minutes.
  2. Now add chicken pieces, Mix well. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, fry for 5 min.
  3. Add coconut milk, chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves. fry again for 5 min.
  4. Now add green chilli paste, garam masala powder and salt. add 1 tsp of oil. Mix well.
  5. Add 1tsp of lime juice. Mix well, cover and cook for 15 min or till the chicken is cooked and gravy is thickened completely.
  6. Now add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste, mix well and fry for 2 min.
  7. Garnish with coriander leaves.

2 comments: