Food luvrs

It is said that way to mans heart is through his stomach so to impress Ur dear ones i would like to share some of my recipes which are konkani and also non Konkani traditional food. I have learn t them from different people, books, watching different TV programs, internet etc due to my interest in cooking and the guidance from my dearest Mom. I must admit most part of inspiration has come to me from my mother who is an excellent cook. i know i cant match with her still i would like to do good cause of sharing the recipes thr my blog and would be happy to hear success stories from you who have tried recipes posted here. It would be my pleasure, if you’ve benefited in some way by what you read on this blog.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Gobi Panch phoran

This is an bengali side dish. I learnt this from my jayabappamma who is an excellent cook.. I really liked it n here is the recipe for panch phoran since we use 5 spices the name is panch phoran.


Ingredients:
 10 florets of cauliflower
 mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek, kala jeera, onion seeds 1/2tsp each
 1 onion, sliced
 1 small potato, sliced, triangle
 1 tsp chilli powder
 salt to taste
 1tbsp oil

Method:
  1. Heat oil in a pan, Add 5 spices and let it splutter, Then add onions fry for 5 min.
  2. Now add Potatoes and Cauliflower. fry for couple of minutes and add chilli powder and salt. sprinkle little water and cook till vegetables are cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment