1 kg chicken
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
4 to 5 green chillis, slit
1 tbs ginger and garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmuric
1/2 to 1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 spring curry leaves
1 tbs ghee
coriander leaves, chopped
Garam masala: 4 cloves, 5 cardamom, 1/2 cinnamon stick, 8 black peppercons, roast and powdered.
dry roast and grind to a coarse powder
- Marinate the chicken pieces with lime juice, salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder for 30 min.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan, add green chillies, sliced onions, fry till translucent. then add ginger and garlic paste, fry for 5 min.
- Add tomatoes and marinated chicken, fry for 5 min, cover and cook on low flame for 2 min. cover the lid and cook for 2 whistle. and till all the water evapourates.
- Now add coriander powder, ghee, cashews and above roasted garam masala powder.
- Fry on medium flame until dry, sprinkle coriander leaves. serve hot.
- goes well with chappati, roti.