Food luvrs

It is said that way to mans heart is through his stomach so to impress Ur dear ones i would like to share some of my recipes which are konkani and also non Konkani traditional food. I have learn t them from different people, books, watching different TV programs, internet etc due to my interest in cooking and the guidance from my dearest Mom. I must admit most part of inspiration has come to me from my mother who is an excellent cook. i know i cant match with her still i would like to do good cause of sharing the recipes thr my blog and would be happy to hear success stories from you who have tried recipes posted here. It would be my pleasure, if you’ve benefited in some way by what you read on this blog.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fish Masala

I'm a great fan of fish masala that too of my mom's fish masala. I learnt this from my mom who is an excellent cook. 


Ingredients:
 4 pieces of sheer fish slice
 2 m onions
 10-12 garlic
 1/2" ginger
 1tbsp of grated coconut
 5 each red chilli whole, both spicy and colour
 salt to taste
 1 strand curry leaves
 10 strands of coriander leaves, chopped

Method:

  1. Grind 1 onion, ginger, 6 garlic, coconut and red chilli to fine paste. u can also add tamarind if needed.
  2. In a pan, heat oil, add remaining 1 onion chopped, remaining garlic chopped and also chopped curry leaves. fry for 2 min.
  3. Add grounded masala fry for couple of minutes. add salt.
  4. then place the fish on the masala. cover the fish with masala. cook till fish is cooked properly.
  5. Garnish with chop coriander leaves.
Photo and presentation credit goes to my sister, Anupama

No comments:

Post a Comment